As David Swanson’s 2011 anti-war polemic is titled: War Is A Lie. Everything about war, especially inducement of a country’s citizens to go to war, is a complete lie. “When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?”
The newly released Chilcot Report on Iraq is British understatement, to a fault. In fact, it is understated so far as to miss the plain truth of the matter. Saying only that extremely questionable intelligence “was not challenged [by the Bush and Blair regimes] and it should have been” is failing to say plainly what the evidence so clearly shows: George W. Bush lied; so did Tony Blair.
To demonstrate that, let’s try a simple exercise: let’s compare what White House officials said about Iraq in the run-up to war with what they knew at the time — or at the very least, should have known, because the intelligence was available to them.
What they said: “We now know that Saddam has resumed his efforts to acquire nuclear weapons. Among other sources, we’ve gotten this from the testimony of defectors — including Saddam’s own son-in law” (in the words of Dick Cheney).
What they knew: Testimony obtained by reporters in 2003 showed that Saddam’s son-in law told UN weapons inspectors that “all weapons — biological, chemical, missile, nuclear — were destroyed.” In other words, he said the opposite of what Cheney claimed he said…
Please click on: Liars All
- Iraqi Woman (Sundus Saleh) Uses Chilcot Report in…
- Bush, Blair and the Lies That Justified the Illegal Iraq War
- Secret World of US Jails
- The Iraq War, Brexit and Imperial Blowback
- Bush the Would-Be Torturer
- Bush's "Christian" Blood Cult
- Bush the Archvillain
- Emperor Bush, Pirate bin Laden, Calvin College, and…
- The International George W. Bush Laugh-In Campaign
- The Mother of All Christian Heresies
- Mr. Harper, But Emperor Bush Has Nothing on At All!!!
- Trump Has Pushed Ahead With Drone Strikes, Putting…
- What Really Took America to War in Iraq
- Is Trump Turning to Missile Strikes to Salvage His…
- Neoliberalism in the Driver's Seat: Trump and Ryan's…
- US Officials Responsible for Torture Should Be…
- Tomgram: Andrew Bacevich, America's Sinkhole Wars
- Under Donald Trump, drone strikes far exceed Obama’s numbers
- Soul to Soul at Honeywell
- Tomgram: Rebecca Gordon, Making Sense of Trump and…
Powered by Contextual Related Posts